Most people believe their home is the safest place in the world and once in, allergies can’t bother them any more. It doesn’t matter how often or how thorough the house is cleaned, some dust will always be present in your home. One of the most important allergens is dust mite.
You can minimise the dust that gathers, if you follow a few very simple steps:
- Avoid carpet and heavy drapes that can collect dust, instead choose smaller rugs that is easy to wash or choose hardwood floors dust mites cannot survive on it.
- Avoid wool blanket, instead use breathable cover on all mattresses, pillows and duvets.
- Wash your bedding and stuffed toys weekly at 60 degrees or above.
- Keep humidity law especially in your bedroom (if necessary get a humidifier and hygrometer to measure the humidity).
- Use damp mop/cloths instead of dry materials to remove the dust on furniture, floor, windows.
- Use high temperature steamer, where possible.
Dust mite is too small and microscopic to see and can’t be eliminated because it is everywhere around us. Follow our suggestions and you can reduce the amount of dust and take proper care of your home environment.